Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution

I will soon be 12. It's fitting, therefore, that I should start to reminisce and write about my life. I think I now have a perspective that only age can give an intelligent creature like myself.

I was adopted, as are most dogs. I might even have been an orphan. So as I begin my blog, I feel compelled to paraphrase one of my favorite orphans, David Copperfield: 'Whether I shall turn out to be the heroine of my own life, or whether that station will be held by any other dog, these blog posts must show. To begin my life with the beginning of my life, I record that I was born (as I have been informed and believe), although I have absolutely no memory of that potentially momentous event, and no one in my proximity seems to, either. I can well imagine, though, that at the moment of my birth a clock began to strike--and I began to suckle--simultaneously.'

I hope, dear reader, that you do not mind a stream-of-consciousness approach to these thoughts. I will talk about current and past doings in this blog, weaving them as a counterpoint throughout, and as it suits me. What the final product will look like... only time will tell.

But let us begin the journey then!

No comments:

Post a Comment